About Me

Me in Big Bear

Early Life

I was born in Reno, Nevada in 1988 and moved to Las Vegas when I was 4 years old. I graduated high school from Sierra Vista High School in 2006 and attended UNLV where I would earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology.

Military

In 2012, I enlisted in the US Army. I completed Basic Training and Airborne School at Fort Benning, GA and received orders for Fort Bragg, NC. At Fort Bragg, I attended and passed Special Forces Assessment and Selection, and was selected for 18D training. During training, I was injured and reassigned to 2nd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division. I held positions as a rifleman, SAW gunner, and Team Leader of a rifle team and a machine gun team.

training

In late 2013, I was injured during night airborne operations, and was made Unit Armorer while awaiting a medical discharge. In this position, I worked closely with the Company Commanding Officer (CO), and was directly responsible for over $10M in weapons and other sensitive equipment. During this period, our Company consistently held the highest Armory inspection scores and shortest equipment draw times. I was involved with writing Battalion level policies and memos, and briefed officers and NCO’s at the Brigade level. On January 1st, 2015, I was officially discharged.

Post-Military

I enrolled at UNLV in the Spring 2015 semester. I began taking courses for a Computer Science degree. Around this time, I began volunteering as an Assistant System Administrator for the College of Engineering. I quickly dicovered I liked the work, and was hired by the Department of Computer Science to assist the Senior Systems Analyst.

In July 2017, I completed my degree in Computer Science and am currently still working for the Department of Computer Science at UNLV. If I’m not at work I’m usually hiking, rock climbing, or beating my son in video games. Lately I’ve been attempting to program things in Ruby.

Updated: